Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Day 28, Remember the Magic

"That's the thing with magic. You've got to know it's still here, all around us, or it just stays invisible for you."
Charles De Lint (B. 1951),
Writer and Celtic Folk Musician

Rhonda says, "There is no set number of blessings to find from yesterday, because every day is different. But I can assure you that every single day of your life is full of blessings, and when you have opened your eyes to see the truth of this, you will have opened your heart to the magic of life, and your life will be abundant and magnificent." Page 237, The Magic.

The Assignment

Today's assignment is to ask yourself: What are the good things that happened yesterday? Remember as many blessing as you can think from yesterday and write them down.


Last Nights Gratitude Stone

I was most grateful for the awesome sleep I had  last night. Thank you, thank you, thank you.




I Am Grateful: (Day 28)

  1. That I was able to get an appointment so quickly with the Optometrist. Being diabetic, I am suppose to have my eyes checked annually but it has been more than two years since my last check-up. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  2. For my healthy eyes so that I can see all the wonders of the world and the faces of my loved ones. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  3. That Faith's first day of school went well. She really enjoyed herself. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  4. Christina got up with Faith this morning, dressed her, did her hair, and walked her to school. on time. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  5. That I was able to see my Mom today. It has been four whole days since she last came here to visit. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  6. That Faith went to sleep easily. She was over tired from the long day at school. She was easily upset and those kind of nights can be terrible. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  7. For the beautiful day because the girls were able to go for a swim after school. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  8. For the rain. All the plants in the garden were droopy and extremely thirsty.Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  9. For our garden, the girls were so excited to see the large number of gourds growing in the yard.Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  10. For my health. I just realized that I have been headache free for a long time. I can't recall right now when the last one was. Nicole and I were just talking about this the other day. We are so use to headaches that we don't even realize when we have one. We will be feeling a little grumpy then figure out it is due to an extremely bad headache.Thank you, thank you, thank you.
The First Day of School.







The Challenge

I am grateful for these good things that happened yesterday:
  1. That our furniture was delivered yesterday.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  2. That Nick moved the old furniture out to the garage. We were well overdue for new furniture. The sofa was about fifteen years old. The cushions were flimsy. The cushion covers were ripped. One side of the couch was being held up by my red tool box.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  3. That we were able to fit the new furniture into the space in a pleasing arrangement.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  4. That Gary didn't freak out because I wanted to keep the two wing backed chairs from the old set.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Conclusion

My problem is I was having trouble remembering what happened yesterday. It is a blur. I am sure there was so much more to be grateful for but I just can't think of it right now.

And even though the twenty-eight days are over now. There are two last chapters to the book called Your Magical Future and The Magic Never Ends so I will have at least two more blogs. 

I hope your memory is much better than mine. How did you do with today's practice? I would love to hear all about it. Share with me!
Blogging tips