Friday, August 10, 2012

Day 10 - Magic Dust Everyone

http://nighthawk101stock.deviantart.com
"No duty is more urgent than that of returning thanks."
 Saint Ambrose (AD 340-397),
Theologian and Catholic Bishop.

Rhonda says, " Gratitude is a powerful energy, and so whomever you direct gratitude's energy toward, that's where it goes. If you think of gratitude's energy looking like sparkling magic dust, then when you express gratitude to another person in return for something you've received from them, you are literally sprinkling them with that magic dust! The most powerful, positive energy in magic dust reaches and affects whomever you sprinkle it on." Page 101, The Magic.

Magic Dust

Today's assignment is to "sprinkle magic dust" on ten people who perform services that I benefit from. I can thank them directly or indirectly by mentally acknowledging and thanking them while feeling grateful to them.

It is important to remember that the person who has provided a service to us is a daughter or son, a brother or sister, a mother or father, an aunt or uncle, or grandparent and a precious, loved one who is irreplaceable. This person deserves our patience and kindness.

It is equally important to give gratitude to someone who has been rude or unkind because it may be "the most magical thing that happens to them that day". You don't know what is going on in their life. Maybe there was a death in the family, a serious injury or illness, a divorce.

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting 
a hard battle."
Philo of Alexandria (Circa 20 BC - AD 50)
Philosopher

  1. I am really grateful to Laurie for continuous assistance through the tough times and the personable service she has provided in the past twenty something years. Every time the insurance company wanted to cancel or did cancel our policies, Laurie was able to change their minds and ensure we had coverage. Thank you.
  2. I am really grateful to the lady working at the store who was patient, helpful and kind when I was having difficulty purchasing the television.  Thank you.
  3. I am really grateful to the sales lady at Penningtons for her assistance and service with a smile. I know how hard it is to work in the service industry where you meet all kinds of people in all kinds of moods. It can be very taxing on your emotional well being. Thank you.
  4. I am really grateful to the people who pick up our trash and recycling each week. They provide an invaluable service to our cities. I can imagine how hard it is on the body as it is a very physically demanding job.
  5. I am really grateful to our mailman who delivers our mail each and every day through all kinds of weather, putting himself at risk.(dog bites, weird people) Thank you.
  6. I am really grateful to my coworkers who give their time to help me, listen to me and share food. Thank you.
  7. I am really grateful to the Mormon Church of Latter Day Saints, in particular the local chapter's President who out of the kindness of his heart is assisted our family for three months even though we are not members of his church.  Thank you.
  8. I am really grateful to all the farmers, pickers, packers, truck drivers, and grocery store clerks for providing food from all around the world and making it readily available to me every day.   Thank you.
  9. I am really grateful to all the ladies at our favourite restaurant for their attentive, courteous service through the years.   Thank you.
  10. I am really grateful to our local MP and his assistant for everything they did in our time of need.   Thank you.
I am also to read day 11's practise today so I can begin it the moment I wake up.

Day 11 - A Magical Morning
I am to fill my morning routines with gratitude. Before I even open my eyes I am to be grateful for another day alive and say thank-you. etc. 

You can read the rest tomorrow.

Gratitude Stone

I am most grateful for the rain we got yesterday because the farmers really need it. 

The other day, I noticed how short the corn stalks are for this time of year. It is probably due to the lack of rain and how dry everything is. I am grateful for the rain because it is needed to grow our food. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I know my lawn and gardens are happy.  My cucumber and tomato plants needed a drink so bad, they were droopy. I was going to say my Granddaughters are excited about the food growing in our garden but I have to admit I am too. I am amazed how quickly they are growing now and look forward to checking them out each day. Thank you, thank you.
 

Gratitude Journal

I Am Grateful: (Day 10) 

  1. To my Mom for doing the dishes today and helping to keep the house clean because it is a relief to share those chores.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  2. To Gary for going with me to pick up the food provided to us by the church because I would rather relax in the car than drive it.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  3. To Nick for helping me put away all the food we received today because two people is better than one.   Thank you, thank you, thank you. 
  4. To Gary for finally taking the money out of the bank and paying the insurance company because it would be terrible to have our policies cancelled for non-payment when we have the money.  Thank you, thank you, thank you. 
  5.  To my granddaughters for putting the sunshine in my life on a rainy day because everyone could use a bit of happiness.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  6. To Nicole for keeping up her blogging with me because it is so much more enjoyable doing it with someone.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  7. To my Mom for helping me fold clothes today because it is my least favourite part of doing laundry. Other than putting them away. LOL. I just like throwing the clothes in the washer then from the washer to the dryer then into the basket. I don't even like gathering it all up.But I am grateful that I am physically able to do it.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  8. To Nicole for making supper today because as you all know I like to eat it not cook it.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  9. For another beautiful day because it was raining, and warm and wonderful.   Thank you, thank you, thank you..
  10. For the over flowing cupboards and refrigerator because it is a good knowing it is there.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.
I think this chapter went well for me. It was pretty easy coming up with ten people to be grateful for who provide some sort of service. Thank you.

I haven't seen any comments yet. I would like to know if there is someone out there reading and feeling as grateful as I do. 

I think I will sprinkle some "magic dust" on you too tonight.
Blogging tips