Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Day 21 - Magnificent Outcomes


"You say grace before meals. All right. But I say grace before the concert and the opera, and grace before the play and pantomime, and grace before I open a book, and grace before sketching, painting, swimming, fencing, boxing, walking, playing, dancing and grace before I dip the pen in the ink."
G.K. Chesterton (1874--1936),
Writer

Rhonda says, "If you want Magnificent Outcomes to everything you do, then you have to use the law that governs outcomes - the law of attraction. That means you have to use your thoughts and feelings to attract Magnificent Outcomes to you, and being grateful for Magnificent Outcomes is one of the simplest ways to do it." Page 188, The Magic.

The Assignment

Today's assignment is to list three important situations where you want Magnificent Outcomes then write them down as if it already happened and say, "Thank you for the magnificent outcome to _________________!"

Then as you go through the day, choose three unexpected events that happen and be grateful for a magnificent outcome by closing your eyes and saying, "Thank you for the magnificent outcome to _________________!"


Gratitude Stone

I was most grateful that we did not have court today. We were late. The judge told us he would not tolerate Jackie being late again, and he would just put out a warrant. Thank you, thank you, thank you. 


I Am Grateful: (Day 21)

  1. For the good nights sleep because I really needed it. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  2. We haven't taken down the pool yet because it was hot enough for Faith, Destiny and I to go for a nice little swim. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  3. There was bread in the cupboard because I was looking forward to a cheez whiz and mayonnaise sandwich. (The first time I looked, I couldn't see the loaf and felt a little disappointed). Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  4. For a car with working signals because it makes me feel safe and gives me peace of mind driving it. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  5. That my Indian status covers my prescription medicines because I had to have five different meds refilled today. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  6. That Nicole and Nick made supper again because I wanted to eat at home today. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  7. That Faith's bedtime routine went smoothly and she fell asleep in seconds. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  8. That the house stayed tidy today because it gives me more time to do other things. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  9. For the Internet because I have been enjoying a few movies tonight. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  10. That Cole, Nick and Christina are having a good time tonight playing games together. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

The Challenge

Okay, I forgot to do today's assignment today. I read the chapter last night. It never even crossed my mind until this evening.

What am I going to do? I need some kind of reminder - a system to keep me on track.

I wanted to have my cork bulletin board by now. I was counting on it to remind me of all the assignments and lists that I have made. Now such luck. Sorry there is no such thing as luck. I have not used the magic to bring it to me.

I think I will try post it notes in several places throughout the house. If you have any suggestions, I would appreciate them.

Conclusion

I started to beat myself up about not completing the assignments but that would be negative thinking. It is so hard at times to keep positive. But tomorrow is another day.

I would like to know how you are doing on the assignments. 

How do you remember what you are suppose to do on any particular day? 

I just get so busy with the day to day stuff. I go from one thing to the next. And sometimes - lots of times I get distracted and move to something else. Like I will go downstairs to get a broom but I see a stack of dirty cups and plates so I pick them up and take them to the kitchen.Then I will get the urge to use the washroom so I go upstairs and realize I was suppose to get a broom. I make my bed and go back downstairs to get a broom only to realize I forgot to go to the washroom.

I promise I am not an airhead. Although some days I do feel like one.

Until tomorrow. 

2 comments:

  1. I have problems remembering them too. I just see it as an opportunity to do it again. How lucky am I to get to do it twice!? Sometimes even three times! LOL! It's all in your perspective, so pick a good one. I think it's a process... The process of learning to be positive and happy. Some of us just need more than 28 days to perfect that, but that's alright. After 35 years of negativity I just have to cut myself some slack. Don't beat yourself up about missing a day and certainly don't beat yourself up if you catch yourself beating yourself up! Lol! That's just silly, but a good reason to smile and laugh at yourself... Laughing at myself is a magnificent outcome too though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely need more than 28 days to perfect it. For some, it just seems to come to them naturally. But I keep trying. Thanks for bringing a smile to my face today. I wish you had left your name. Maybe next time? Hope to see you around again.

      Delete

Blogging tips