Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Day 22 - Before Your Very Eyes

"This world, after all our science and sciences, is still a miracle; wonderful, inscrutable, magical, and more to whosoever will think of it."
Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881),
Writer and Historian


Rhonda says, "The very first desire that I received was bringing joy to millions of people through my work. The rest of my desires magically followed, and one by one, as they appeared before my very eyes, I crossed them off my list." Page 197, The Magic.


The Assignment

Today's assignment is to take your Top Ten Desire List and read each one while visualizing the desire as if it has been already received and feel as much gratitude as possible.

Repeat this practice at least two more times during the day.


Gratitude Stone

I was most grateful for a car with working signals because it makes me feel safe and gives me peace of mind driving it. Thank you, thank you, thank you.


I Am Grateful: (Day 22)

  1. For my bills being paid. I am grateful for the money I received. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  2. To Nicole for cleaning the house today. It was very nice of her.Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  3. Nicole and Nick cooking supper for us again. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  4. For the relaxing day. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  5. For the peaceful trip in the car with Gary. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  6. For Project Free TV because it made it possible for me to watch two good movies called Enter Nowhere and the Divide. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  7. That we were able to buy groceries today because it was not long ago that we couldn't do it. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  8. That Nicole seemed to be in better spirits today because it breaks my heart when she cries. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  9. For the kisses my granddaughters gave me today. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  10. To my Mom because she stopped by today with a large bag of clothes for Faith and Sidney. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

The Challenge

Here we go again. These are my top ten desires:
  1. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the one million dollars in my bank account. 
  2. Thank you, thank you, thank you for our dream home which has everything we wanted in it right down to the last detail. 
  3. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the three homes for my three daughters in my neighbourhood. 
  4. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the financial freedom to work and play when I want to. 
  5. Thank you, thank you, thank you for my neat, comfortable, organized, fully stocked office/craft area.
  6. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the two extra large cork boards that I can hang in front of my computer desk at home that I will use for my Magic Board where I can hang pictures of my desires.
  7. Thank you, thank you, thank you for my beautiful 2010 red impala.
  8. Thank you, thank you, thank you for Michael's fully loaded 2010 blue truck.
  9. Thank you, thank you, thank you for my new burgundy floral, couch and chairs.
  10. Thank you, thank you, thank you for my new dining room table and six chairs that is made from metal and wood.


Conclusion

I finally ha a successful practice day. It has been awhile. It is probably because it is sorta an extension from yesterday's  Magic Heart practice.

I was thinking more about my difficulty remembering to do my daily assignments. 

I read that Rhonda wrote her top ten desires on a piece of paper and kept it in her purse as a constant reminder. She would cross off items as they were completed and added new ones.

And while out for a drive with Gary, I realized, again, that I have trouble remembering to do things. For instance, I want to make an Optometrist appointment but a week has gone by and I still have not made my appointment. I remember in the evenings after the office is closed and tell myself I will do it tomorrow but before I know it another day has gone by and another. Soon it a week later.

I never had this problem before. I used to think it strange for people to need day planners. I didn't understand why someone would need help remembering appointments and tasks. 

I am not sure it this memory thing is because of the medication that I take for anxiety and depression or if it is the anxiety and depression that causes it. I suppose that is another little project for me - research side affects.

Anyway, I bought a book about a month ago at the dollar store. I actually bought four. Three of them were for my granddaughters to draw in. I don't know why I bought four. The fourth I decided to keep for myself. It is actually very pretty and a nice size - five inches by eight inches.

I think I will use this book to keep a record of my top ten desires. I'm also going to write some brief notes from each day's practice so I can review them whenever I want. My purse is large enough to hold the book and the book will be my constant reminder to practice the Magic.

Oh, it will also be handy to hold my to do list.

I would still like to hear how you remember to include Magic in your daily life.
Blogging tips