Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Day 18 - The Magical To-Do-List

"The world is full of magical things waiting for our wits to grow sharper."
Eden Phillpotts (11862-1960),
Novelist and Poet

Rhonda says, "When you combine gratitude's magical power with the law of attraction, people, circumstances and events must be rearranged to do what you want done for you! You will not know how it will happen or how it will be done for you, and that is not your job. Your job is simply to be as grateful as you can be for what you want done right now, as though it were done. And then let the magic happen!" Page 168, The Magic.

The Assignment

So today I am to make a list of the most important things or problems that I need done or solved and name this list, The Magical To-Do List.

For this practice, I am to choose three of the most important items from my list and one at a time imagine it done for me. I must believe it is completed and feel grateful for it.

I think I will start off simple and then once I see results I will move until something a little more complicated.
 
  1. Hang curtains in front of kitchen sink space.
  2. Remove the dishwasher and put shelves in the open space.
  3. Fix my car.
  4. Clean basement hallway.
I can't think of anything else to add to my list right now. This is enough anyway.

Before I go any farther, I want to tell you about something that happened to me a few months ago. It can back to mind while I was reading this chapter.

I wore two beautiful rings on my left hand - my engagement ring and wedding ring. I had a habit of playing with them, rolling them back and forth on my finger.

One night after work, my thumb moved over to play with my rings but they weren't there. I heart dropped immediately. I had to look at my hand to be sure. They were gone! 

Where did they go? How did they come off my hand? I never ever take them off. 

I searched everywhere at home and at work. My coworkers helped but they were just gone.

I kept picturing my hands and the rings right where they are suppose to be as I was thinking, "I love my rings. They're so beautiful." 

The next day, I know this part is strange, I was sitting down in the washroom at work, thinking about my rings when It suddenly occurred to me to check the garbage can.

I leaned forward and pulled the can towards me so I could get a good look inside. I stuck both hands in together then pulled the paper towel stack out to the sides.

There they were. Sitting on the bottom right in the middle.

"Hello! Come to Mamma." I grasped then in my hand and held on tight.

My rings must have slipped off yesterday while I was drying my hands. I have lost enough weight that they are too big to stay on any longer.

As much as I desperately want to put my beautiful rings back on, I hung them on my gold necklace which I have worn for many years.


Was finding my rings just one of those weird things? Or did I find it because I used gratitude? What do you think?

Last Nights Gratitude Stone

I was most grateful that the judge revoked the warrant for Christina's arrest. Some day I will explain that story. Thank you, thank you, thank you.






Gratitude Journal

I Am Grateful: (Day 18)
  1. To my Mom for cleaning up the kitchen and washing the dishes because it was a big job. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  2. To Christina for helping my Mom do the dishes and washing the floors. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  3. To Gary and Nick for getting Michael's car working because it so nice to have wheels again. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  4. The insurance company for completing our request for coverage on the other impala so quickly because that means we can drive the car this weekend. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  5. To Gary for giving me some money because it feels good to have  it in my pocket just in case I need it or want to buy something. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  6. For Nicole taking Sidney and Faith out to the part because they girls really needed to get out and run off some energy. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  7. For my washer and dryer because it makes it easy to keep the laundry caught up which keeps the house tidier. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  8. To our new television because it makes it possible for our family enjoy watching shows together again. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  9. For my three little angels because I love them so very much. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  10.  For this book, The Magic because I actually feel really happy right now. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

The Challenge

I couldn't do this practice today because I don't have a printer and as usual I didn't think of taking the book to staples to copy this page.

I will get a copy tomorrow and do both practices then.

Sorry if I disappointed you. At least this way we can both do today's practice tomorrow together.

Conclusion

I have been slacking. Not keeping up the scheduled magic practices. I am not sure how many days it has been but it seems like weeks.

I may not have kept the schedule but I have been practicing what I have learned so far. 

Gratitude. 

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I have some work to do to catch up. I will try again tomorrow which is Magic Footsteps.

I am grateful for all the comments I have received and will receive. Magic dust anyone?
Blogging tips