Monday, August 13, 2012

Day 13: Make All Your Wishes Come True


Using Gratitude to Receive



"Imagination is the true magic carpet"
 Norman Vincent Peale (1898-1993),
Writer

Rhonda says, "If you have been following the magical practices day by day, you have now built an amazing foundation by practicing gratitude for everything you have received and continue to receive in you life. But today is an exciting day because you're going to begin to use gratitude's magical power for your dreams and desires." Page 123, The Magic.



Using Gratitude to Receive

Today's assignment is to list my top ten desires. Write thank you three times before each one and act like I have already received them.

Then I am to use my imagination to answer these three questions:
  1. What emotions did I feel when I received it?
  2. Who and how did I first tell?
  3. What was the first great thing I did with it?


Gratitude Stone

I am most grateful to my Mom for stopping by to take Sidney, Faith and I out for supper because I really needed to get out of the house and didn't want to do it without another adult. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

We took the girls to Burger King because there is an indoor play area where the girls can run, climb and burn off some excess energy. It's also nice because they can't mess up the house when they are out. And they tend to fight less so it's nice and relaxing for me and Mom.

Gratitude Journal

I Am Grateful: (Day 13)

  1. Another day at home with my family because I love spending time with them.Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  2. For the energy to get the laundry caught up. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  3. That Cole, Nick and Sidney live in our home because I can see them everyday. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  4. For my Mom coming over and helping out and keeping me company. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  5. To Cole for letting us use her car since mine died. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  6. For the little bit of time I got this evening to play on the computer because it helps me relax and reflect on the day. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  7. To my coworkers who left messages for me because it is nice to know they care and I am missed at work. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  8. For the hugs and kisses from my Mom and granddaughters because it feels so good to be loved. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  9. For another day stress free. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  10. For my front porch because it a beautiful place to sit and talk with my Mom. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

What do I really Want?

This is a bit difficult for me. I have not allowed myself to dream - "desire" anything because it is frustrating and disappointing to not get it.

It is true. Rhonda says that you have to have a clear image of what you want to receive it.

Up until recently I was not clear about what I wanted. I knew I wanted something to organize and store the girls toys in. I knew I wanted some kind of shelf unit with doors.

Then it occurred to me, how will I find something if I don't know what I am looking for. So I pictured a television stand with bottom drawers and an upper section with doors that is a reddish wood colour.

Then abracadabra. It was there - the wardrobe I found at The Second Look was exactly what I imagined and wanted to put the girls toys in, AND it was at an extremely good price that I could afford.

I found this picture on the net and my television armoire looks exactly like this.

I have the girls dress up clothes in the bottom drawer.

The top drawer is segregated to hold dress up jewelry, purses, shoes, fairy wings, silky scarves and their Polly Pocket type princess dolls and furniture.

The first shelf is large so I have a large pink princess box full of stuffed toys and baby dolls.

The next shelf up holds two of those collapsible pink boxes full of different types of toys like their cars, pirate ships, and whatever else doesn't fit into another category.

Next shelf up is a collapsible pink box of baby doll clothes, bottles, bibs etc. To the left of that is a container of marbles, their mermaid dolls, and an old fashioned purple plastic lunch box containing small horses.

Close the doors and drawers - no toys in sight. Nice and neat and organized. A beautiful thing.


My Dreams and Desires

Now with this magic having been revealed to me, I was able to attack my "desires" list with excitement. I know that emotion will increase the law of attraction and I will receive.

  1. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the one million dollars in my bank account.
  2. Thank you, thank you, thank you for our dream home which has everything we wanted in it right down to the last detail.
  3. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the three homes for my three daughters in my neighbourhood.
  4. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the financial freedom to work and play when I want to.
  5. Thank you, thank you, thank you for my neat, comfortable, organized, fully stocked office/craft area.
  6. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the two extra large cork boards that I can hang in front of my computer desk at home that I will use for my Magic Board where I can hang pictures of my desires.
  7. Thank you, thank you, thank you for my beautiful 2010 red impala.
  8. Thank you, thank you, thank you for Gary's fully loaded 2010 blue truck.
  9. Thank you, thank you, thank you for my new burgundy floral, couch and chairs.
  10. Thank you, thank you, thank you for my new dining room table and six chairs that is made from metal and wood.
My desires all seem to centered around things so you may think I am very materialistic but my family and health always come first. I already have a wonderful family who are healthy so I am grateful for that each day.

These materialist items are listed because these are what I am lacking at this point in my life:
  1. The top of my table is worn out, no more finish on it with marker, pen and paint stains and I only have two of the original chairs remaining.
  2. My couch is almost fifteen years old. It is saggy, smelly, and ripped.
  3. Gary deserves his dream truck.
  4. My car just died so a new means of transportation is required.
  5. etc. You get what I mean.
Tomorrow is Day 14 - Have a magical day. Wouldn't that be nice?

What are your top ten desires? Do you dare to share? If comments are you're thing consider becoming a follower or subscribe via email!


Blogging tips