Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Day 14 - Have A Magical Day

Gratitude equals Happiness All Day Long.


"Intentions compressed into words enfold magical powers"
Deepak Chopra (B. 1946),
Alternative Medicine Practitioner, Physician, Public Speaker, Writer



Rhonda says, "It only takes a few minutes in the morning to use gratitude to Have A Magical Day by giving thanks for the events in your day ahead of time, but this one practice alone will change the way your entire day unfolds." Page 135, The Magic.


Thank You for the Magical Day

Today's assignment is to think about everything I will be doing for the day and say thank you for it going so well. I must imagine myself at the end of the day reflecting on it and being grateful because it was a perfect day.

Then at night time I am suppose to say thank you for the day going perfectly and end the practice by saying: And thank you for the great news coming to me today!



This assignment is a bit difficult because I don't plan my day ahead of time - at home, you just sorta go with the flow and see how everyone is feeling.

I couldn't be specific so I had to generalize.
  1. Thank you for the beautiful weather.
  2. Thank you for my clean house.
  3. Thank you for my granddaughters playing nicely.
  4. Thank you for the food I will eat.
  5. Thank you for everyone's happiness.

Gratitude Stone

I was most grateful to my coworkers who left messages for me because it is nice to know they care and I am missed at work.   Thank you, thank you, thank you.





Gratitude Journal

I Am Grateful: (Day 14)

  1.  For finally getting the gumption to get to the lab and getting my blood work done because my family physician has been very disappointed in me. It is two years overdue. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  2. For my Mom taking me to the lab because I prefer to be a passenger than the driver. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  3. To Sidney and Faith for coming into the lab with me because they made it interesting and the time go faster while waiting for my time. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  4. For the play area in the restaurant because it is a nice diversion for the grandchildren and provides time for my Mom and I to chat. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  5.  For my Mom picking up Lexi because I really really don't like driving. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  6. For the beautiful day because we were able to take Sidney and Faith to the park to play for awhile. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  7. For the beautiful day because it was nice enough to go swimming with the girls. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  8. For my Mom for providing supper for the girls and I because the kitchen is a mess and there is no way I would attempt to cook in there. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  9. To Christina for going to the convenience store and picking up some diet soda for me because it is my favourite. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  10.  For the perfect day. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

My Magical Day

Today went rather well. It was a beautiful day and I was able to go swimming which hasn't been possible because it has been on the cool side for the last week. My house is tidy except the kitchen which I can ignore - for now. The girls got along well today. Mostly because we were out almost all day. Mom bought me lunch and supper so that was wonderful - no fuss no muss. And everyone seemed pretty happy. I even saw Christina laughing. How rare is that!

So this is the end of the day. I am to use gratitude once again. Thank you for the day going perfectly and thank you for the great news coming to me today!

I hope you have a magical day. And I hope to hear from you because that would just make my day perfect.


Tomorrow is day 15 - which is Magically Heal Your Relationships.
Blogging tips