Saturday, August 25, 2012

Day 24 - The Magical Wand

Magic Wand

"People who wait for a magic wand fail to see that they ARE the magic wand."
Thomas Leonard (155-2003),
Personal Development Coach

Rhonda says, "Using gratitude to help someone else with his or her health, wealth, and happiness is the single greatest act of gratitude you can perform. And one of the magical things about it is that the health, wealth and happiness you fervently wish for others, you also bring to yourself." Page 210, The Magic.


The Assignment

Today's assignment is to choose three people that I care about and want to help with more health, wealth, happiness or all three. 

Holding a photograph of one of my loved ones I must visualize that person giving me the news that they have received health, wealth and/or happiness. I follow this with a sincere "Thank you, thank you, thank you for ________'s health, wealth or happiness."

Repeat this for the other two loved ones.



Gratitude Stone

I was most grateful for the abundance of food in my refrigerator and cupboards because I can look in there any time I want and find something good for my granddaughters.The peace of mind this gives me is sublime. Thank you, thank you, thank you.



I Am Grateful: (Day 18)

  1. That Christina came out for ice cream and the park with Destiny and Emily because the more the merrier. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  2. For money because it comes easily and frequently. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  3. For another beautiful day because I enjoy being outside on days like this. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  4. For my house because it provides shelter for all of us. (Nicole, Nick, Sidney, Gary, Faith, Christina and I. Plus our two cats and two rats. Hay, that rhymes.) Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  5. For the mortgage being paid on time, two months in a row because it is a huge relief knowing we don't have to worry about foreclosure. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  6. For another day at home with the ones I love because each day is a precious gift. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  7. For the shampoo I used today because it cleans my hair  without residual conditioning that makes my hair greasy the next day.Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  8. For my washer and dryer because it is a convenient and efficient way to get our stacks and stacks of laundry completed. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  9. For my sweet granddaughters who make each day full of sunshine and happiness. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  10. For my new bras because they are so comfortable and pretty. Thank you, thank you, thank you.


The Challenge

I have to say that I have not printed a picture in about three and a half years. I have digital copies saved in about five different places. Yes, five. I am so paranoid about losing my pictures that I need five different locations and media to save them.

So, finding a picture means digging through books that have been left to gather dust. Ah-choo! I am allergic to dust.

Okay, I looked through my photo albums. It apparently has been longer since I last printed a picture. It has to be more like ten years. 

My daughters are so young and absolutely beautiful. I forgot how adorable they were (and still are). And my Mom? Holy cow she has lost a lot of weight. I wish I had more recent shots of them but this had to do.

Oh, sorry I forgot to tell you who I chose but I guess you have already figured it out. 

I chose my Mom because she has had a hard life struggling with money and happiness. She is in good health overall but it could be better.

I chose my three daughters because they battle depression and anxiety. Money is an issue for them. And I worry about their health. Beth's hands cause her so much pain. Nicole's jaw condition gives her excruciating headaches and Christina seems to be having some sort of seizures which she refuses to see the Doctor about.


Conclusion

I liked today's practice. I have wished for more for my loved ones but not where I actually take the time to feel the happiness it would bring to them. I imagined their big smiles. My daughters jumping up and down with joy. My Mom waving hundred dollar bills in the air. A smile just naturally spread across my face and left me feeling elevated.

I hope your practice went well. Please feel free to leave a comment. I would love to hear from you.
Blogging tips