Sunday, August 26, 2012

Day 25 - Cue the Magic


"Life is playfulness . . . We need to play so that we can rediscover the magic all around us."
Flora Colao (B. 1954),
Writer and Therapist

Rhonda says, "If you hear an ambulance siren, the magic cue from the Universe is to be grateful for perfect health. If you see a police car, your magic cue is to grateful for safety and security. If you see someone reading a newspaper, it's your magic cue to be thankful for great news." Page 216, The Magic.


The Assignment

Today's assignment is to be aware of our surroundings and take advantage of at least seven gratitude cues to remind ourselves to be grateful.


Gratitude Stone

I was most grateful for the mortgage being paid on time, two months in a row because it is a huge relief knowing we don't have to worry about foreclosure. Thank you, thank you, thank you.. 



I Am Grateful: (Day 25)

  1. For the peace and quite today because it has been a long time since I have been able to enjoy it. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  2. For the money I received. The coffee table we ordered at Martins has been discontinued so the sales representative asked if we would like the floor model for one hundred dollars less. I said yes please and thank you (for the money we received. Money comes easily and frequently).Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  3. For the twelve dollars I won on my Bingo ticket. (Money comes easily and frequently. Thank you for the money I received.) I thought you should know I am not a gambling freakazoid. I buy the occasional Bingo ticket on a Friday because I am going to win big on a Friday night. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  4. For my cork boards that I found for a good price. I can't wait til I hang them tomorrow my my computer desk. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  5. For the liquid shock I found at Canadian Tire. Usually by this time of year, stores like Canadian Tire and Walmart stop carrying pool supplies.  Now I can clean the pool water. I was going to take down the pool because we ran out of pucks, filters and shock but now we can keep it up a little longer and enjoy the nice weather and the pool. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  6. For my little Honey Bunny, Faith. I got so many hugs and kisses from her today. She must have told me about a dozen times today that she loves me "this much" and she stretched out her arms. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  7. For our car because it was a safe and convenient means of transportation for Faith and I today.Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  8. For the medication Gary takes for his Post Traumatic Stress Disorder because it has made a huge difference in his demeanor.Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  9. For getting skinnier everyday because I will soon be at my ideal weight. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  10. For feeling healthy with enough energy to keep moving today to keep up with Faith. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

The Challenge

Pretty easy challenge today. I guess I should share my cues:
  1. Faith gave me a great big tight hug. That was my cue to be grateful for my little Honey Bunny.
  2. I saw a fairly large women at Canadian Tire today. Sorry, I feel bad. It was my cue to be grateful for "getting skinnier every day." (I am not sure if that is the kind of cue Rhonda was talking about but it worked and I didn't even have to think about it. The gratitude just jumped out at me. 
  3. When I looked into my purse this morning, I saw the telephone bill and felt grateful that it was paid. Thank you for the money I have received, that I am receiving, and the money that I will receive.
  4. Faith and I saw a little boy at the store today crying because his parents wouldn't buy something that he wanted. That was my cue to be grateful that Faith is, for the most part , a very agreeable little girl. For a four year old she is just so smart.
  5. When I was paying for my items at Canadian Tire, my heart started to race. A few weeks ago when money was a scarce thing around here, I would have an anxiety  attack at the check out because I was afraid the debit machine would say declined. that was my cue to be grateful for  the money I have received, that I am receiving, and the money that I will receive.
  6. When Faith and I were out today, an elderly lady stopped to admire Faith's hair. The woman said "don't you wish we had hair like that?" I agreed. Faith has thick blonde, naturally wavy hair with gorgeous streaks from the sun. I have never cut her hair so it comes down to about the middle of her back. That was my cue to be grateful for my hair. (I know a woman who has lost all her hair from Alopecia and another whose hair has become extremely thin on the top of her head.) Thank you, I am grateful for my full head of hair. (I do have a thinning spots in the front sides.)
  7. Sorry, I am getting too tired to think any more tonight. It is three a.m. so I will finish up for the day.

Conclusion

I think being grateful is getting easier. Or is it because our financial problems are gone? No, I think it is getting easier. And it will get even better once I write down my lists in my book. And put op my cork bulletin boards tomorrow. I also think I will put my gratitude stone in my purse so I can see it more often. Did I already decide to do that? maybe I did. Oh well. I have decided again and this time I will put it in my purse.

I would like to hear about the cues the Universe gave you today.

Or maybe you would like to be a guest and submit a post?
Blogging tips