Saturday, August 18, 2012

Day 19 - Magical Footsteps


"A hundred times every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life depend on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that I must exert myself in order to give in the same measure as I have received and am still receiving."
Albert Einstein (1879-1955),
Nobel Prize  - Winning Physicist  

Rhonda says, "With those words, Einstein gave us a gift equal to his scientific discoveries. He gave us one of the magical secrets to his success. Gratitude - every day!."
Page 175, The Magic.


The Assignment

Today's assignment is to take one hundred Magic Footsteps (for about ninety seconds) in gratitude any time during the day and with each step I must say and feel, thank you. 

Last Nights Gratitude Stone



I was most grateful for the money in my pocket.

Money comes easily and frequently.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.



I Am Grateful: (Day 19)

  1. To Nicole for printing the Magic Check for me. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  2. For the yummy subs we had for supper because filled our stomachs and tasted good. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  3. For my bowl of alphabets and morning coffee because it always is good start for my day. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  4. That my medication is available to me because I know there are countries where diabetics do not have access to them. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  5. That one of the benefits of my Indian Status is my medication is paid for because it is a comfort. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  6. For my Mom coming today and helping me out around the house and helping with the girls because it is a comfort knowing someone is there to help. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  7. To Christina for running into the sub shop to order and pick up our food because I know it is hard for her to be out in the public and speak to strangers. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  8. For my three granddaughters who spent the day with me because they keep me so busy I don't have time to think about anything other than them. And they light up my soul. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  9. For my computer because it my only means of entertainment. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  10. For my eyes so I can look into the eyes of my granddaughters and see their love. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

The Challenge

I am working on two practices today: the Magic Check and Magical Footsteps.

Nicole printed the Magic Check for me. Thank you, thank you, thank you. And I filled it out today for fifty thousand dollars. I held my check, closed my eyes and imagined purchasing my red 2010 Impala. Of course I was feeling happy and grateful at the same time.

I am going to tuck my cheque into my bra because I am suppose to carry my cheque with me. At the end of the day I will put my cheque in my computer nook so I can see it often.

I am still waiting for my cork boards to be delivered. I put my order in with the universe a couple of days ago. This would be the perfect place to put my check and a few other magical tools.

Magical Footsteps was a bit difficult for me because I didn't leave the house today. Although I did try to remember to say Thank you several times today while walking. I don't this counts. I plan on going out tomorrow so I will do Magical Footsteps properly then.

Conclusion

I did not realize this would be so much work; the reading, the practice, the daily ten grateful list, my nightly gratitude stone.

Did I say the practice yet? The assigned practice is the hardest part. I have a hard time remembering to do the work.

However, I do think I am remembering to be grateful more often. I find myself saying thank you automatically when I eat, when I look at my granddaughters, when I am sitting in my back yard, when I sit at the computer . . .

This is a good thing. Right? I am moving in the right direction, just not as smoothly and quickly as I had hoped.

Tomorrow's challenge is Heart Magic. I wonder what that is all about.

Thank you for all the followers who use their valuable time to join me even just briefly. Magic dust is falling on you now. Close your eyes and picture it. Then say thank you Darlene.

Did you do the magical footsteps? Or are you holding off for another day?
Blogging tips