Friday, September 14, 2012

Do You Believe In Magic?

"Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."
Roald Dahl (1916-1990)
Writer

I am going to share a paragraph by Rhonda which I believe summarizes this chapter.

"There is an exquisite feeling many of us had as children, that everything is good, that every day promises more excitement and adventure, and that nothing could ever thwart our joy for the magic of it all. But somehow as we grew into adults, responsibilities, problems, and difficulties took their toll on us, we became disillusioned, and the magic we once believed in as children faded and disappeared. It's one of the reasons why as adults we love to be around children so that we can experience that feeling we once had, even if it's just for a moment."
Rhonda Byrne
Page 2 of The Magic

I grew up in a home with an alcoholic father who virtually committed suicide when I was ten years old. Our family was close but we struggled financially for the next seven years.

I am having trouble remembering life as being magical and exciting. Please don't confuse that with happiness because I was very happy and I was surrounded by people who loved me.

I just don't recall feeling overly excitable or thrilled by the magic of life. I remember being scared, shy and alone in my thoughts.

But I have three wonderful granddaughters so I am able to fill my heart with joy as  I share their exuberance for life and belief in magic. 

As an adult, I have seen the magic of life and on a small scale, I have experienced it. 

I want to be filled with the awe and wonder that a magical life can bring. I want to feel excited by each new day. I want to have inner peace and happiness. I want my dreams to come true.

Do you believe in magic? 

Do you want to feel inner peace and happiness?

I would like to hear about it.
Blogging tips