Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Magic Never Ends

Day 30?

If we are counting, this would be day thirty. This blog was originally suppose to be only 28 days but it appears there is more to share than previously anticipated. Good or bad, you can decide. I choose good.

So let's continue.

I would like to share a quote that Rhonda has included in this chapter.

"I started out giving thanks for small things, and the moe thankful I became, the more my bounty increased. That's because what you focus on expands, and when you foccus on the goodness in your life, you create more of it. Opportunities, relationships, even money flowed my way when I learned to be grateful no matter what happened in my life."
Oprah Winfrey (B.  1954)
Media Personality and Business Woman

And this is what Rhonda Byrne has to say about gratitude;

"Gratitude is the cure for broken or difficult relationships, for lack of health or money, and for unhappiness. Gratitude eliminates fear, worry, grief, and depression, and brings happiness, clarity, patience, kindness, compassion , understanding and peace of mind. Gratitude brings solutions to problems and the opportunities and wherewithal to realize your dreams." Page 252 of The Magic.

Wow, she has a lot to say in that paragraph and for the most part, I agree. 

Let me explain.
  1. The cure for broken or difficult relationships? I agree. 
  2. The cure for lack of health? I don't know about this one. I'll have to reevaluate it a later time not because I don't think it works but because there was no real opportunity to test it out.
  3. The cure for lack of money? Again, I don't know if gratitude is the cure for this one. 
  4. Gratitude eliminates fear? Off the top of my head I have to say that I can't think of an example to prove this theory. Perhaps I just haven't had the right circumstances.
  5. Gratitude eliminates worry? I will have to dig deeper for the answer to this one.
  6. Gratitude eliminates grief? The answer isn't jumping out at me. Get back to me later.
  7. Gratitude eliminates depression? I definitely agree.
  8. Gratitude brings solutions to problems? I have to think more on this one.
  9. Gratitude brings the opportunities and wherewithal to realize your dreams? I don't have an opinion on this one yet.
  10. Gratitude brings happiness? I agree one hundred percent.
  11. Gratitude brings clarity? I have to think more about this one.
  12. Gratitude brings patience? Yes it does.
  13. Gratitude brings kindness? Yes to this one too.
  14. Gratitude brings compassion? Three times a charm. That is a yes.
  15. Gratitude brings understanding? Yes!
  16. Gratitude brings peace of mind? And YES again!
I will give you the reasons behind each of my answers on my next post.

What do think about Rhonda's comments on gratitude? Wrong!. Just kidding. There are no wrong answers. Just different opinions.

And I would very much like you to share your opinions. 


Blogging tips