Monday, July 1, 2013

Moving Day

The day of the move was hectic.

I had started packing on Monday. Mom and Nicole helped but the bulk of the packing was left to me. At first I was methodical and organized marking my boxes. Towards the end, I was just throwing things in boxes and people were grabbing ones partially filled.

We had to be out by Friday morning by eight a.m. 

The actual moving didn't start until four o'clock on Thursday. My Mom and her boyfriend arrived to start moving my stuff out. Then within the next three hours my sister and her two daughters arrived, one with her boyfriend. Then Cole arrived. Christina with her boyfriend. Gary and his sister with her daughter. 

I was getting scared that I would never be able to move everything on time but my family came to my rescue. Like a flurry of busy bees, there was a rush of commotion and I watched my belongings go out the door. It was about five o'clock a.m. when total exhaustion set in. We just couldn't move anything else.

We ended up leaving a few items behind because of they were too big to fit in the car and the vans were gone home. 

The above ground pool was left with the swing in the backyard. In the basement was my computer desk, clothing rack and a pile of garbage which I swept into a pile in the laundry room. 

On the maim level I left a tall white cabinet which I used to store my dishes, microwave and canned food. It was still in good shape but I was all out of man power.

Upstairs was the vintage cabinet from my room which I used for linens, videos and the t.v.

I felt good knowing that I left the house in such a good state. The lawn was cut and the gardens weeded. Washrooms and kitchen cleaned. Floors mopped. 

I wish I had the time and energy to pick up the garbage in the laundry room. It was actually the only place that I left garbage. The rest was bagged and put to the curb with a few other furniture items that I didn't want to keep.

I also wish I had spent more time working on the house than worrying about coming up with the money.

I was going to give the walls a quick coat of paint. I was going to paint the washroom ceiling and plug in the ceiling fan. I was going to replace another one of the floor tiles in the kitchen. I was going to get the paint off the basement washroom floor.

But I didn't.

I was going to take pictures of our house empty.

But I didn't.

We walked the house and took one last look, locked the doors and drove off.

We were beyond exhausted and feeling grimy. 

I am so very grateful to my family for helping me last minute move. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

And to Nick for taking my Honey Bunny out of the house and taking care of her. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Chalk Board Printable about Gratitude

Thank you Marcie at I Gotta Try That for featuring my post and one of the most viewed link at the party.

Marcie says, Get this cute free printable from Darlene Nemeth

Unfortunately I cannot allow anonymous commenters due to the excessive amount of spam I am receiving! Sorry for the inconvenience.
Blogging tips