Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Day 1: Count Your Blessings

Okay, so this is day one. I hope you are as excited as I am to begin this life changing journey. But first, I would like to share a couple of quotes that fit in nicely with today's theme.





"Better to lose count while naming your blessings than to lose your blessings to counting your troubles."
Maltbie D. Babcock (1958-1901),
 Writer and Clergyman



The Assignment

Today's assignment is to write a gratitude list. After each line say thank you three times and really mean it. Close your eyes if it helps. I often close my eyes when thinking g-r-a-t-i-t-u-d-e.






Gratitude Journal

I am grateful for:
  1. My family because they give my life meaning. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  2. My friends because they enrich my life. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  3. Our home because it is our sanctuary. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  4. My job because it provides me with the money required in this life. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  5. My car because it provides me with freedom and the means to get me where I need to go. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  6. Our good health because it gives us quality of life. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  7. Canada for more reasons than I can count. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  8. The food in my cupboards and refrigerator. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  9. My supervisors at work because they allow me the freedom I need to balance family and work. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  10. Another day alive so I can spend more time with the people I love because that is what is life is all about. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
That was easy enough. Tomorrow is Day 2: Magic Rock Day.



What does your gratitude list look like? I would love to read it!


2 comments:

  1. Gratitude is one of those things that takes a back seat in our life , because we are happy or sad. it is not suppose to be forgoten. it is through gratitude that miracles Occurre in our everyday life. This because our prayers are not suplications but thanks for the things we have faith will come true .

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips