Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Happiness Is . . . Picking Apples

Hi, I am so happy you decided to visit today.

I have a few pictures to share with you. I had planned this post quite a few weeks ago but for some unknown reason I just didn't get it done. Better late than never. Right?

Normally in the fall we go to a farm where they have fun activities like corn mazes, petting zoos, scary hay ride . . .  Know what I mean?

Anyway, we decided to try something different this year because our usual haunt is closed this season for construction. 

We decided to go to an apple orchard. 

Happiness is Picking Apples





I've never been to an orchard for fun. The last time I was in an one was many moons ago when I was a kid helping my Mom earn money picking apples.

I don't know about the kids, but I was pretty excited and looked forward to eating some fresh crisp apples.



Here is a picture of my daughter Cole leading the crew down a row between the apple trees. She is followed by her daughter Baby Cakes, Beth's daughter Sweetie Pie and Christina's daughter Honey Bunny.





Oh my, that apple looks delicious. My mouth is watering. Those ones were a bit sour and juicy.




One of the frustrating things about going on an outing with kids is their small bladders. We weren't in the orchard more than fifteen - twenty minutes when we heard the first cry, "Grandma, I gotta pee."

Aw, the washroom is way far away at the front of the orchard. What can I say. I didn't remind the girls to take a pee before we left the house.

Of course when one girl needs to pee another one chimes in that she has to pee too.

Now I am frustrated. I guess it is just one of my pet peeves. I really don't like stopping to pee. 

I take a deep cleansing breath and we head over to the washroom. We're done picking apples anyway.

In the area near the washrooms, the girls found these tall stacks of corn stalks. 

I thought they were cool and imagined one of them in my front yard for a Halloween decoration.

At the same time they freaked me out. Children of the Corn anyone?



In the same area were pumpkins and more pumpkins. 

The girls squealed with delight and immediately buzzed around the pumpkins trying decide which one they liked best.



Now who needed to pee? Oh ya, all three of the girls.





**********************************


Well thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed reading this post. 

And don't forget to stop by my Etsy Shop, Little Shop of Treasures or check out a few other posts.

To receive my blog updates - please subscribe via email or follow through one of the other social medias. And don't forget to share the love.  :)


I look forward to reading your comments. Make my day and leave one!

Blogging tips