Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Happiness Is . . . learning how to "Pump" yourself on the swing








Once upon a time I was a little kid who learned that the other kids didn't need to get pushed on the swing anymore because they knew how to pump themselves.



My drive to learn this new skill motivated me. I knew I could do it, I just needed to work hard and not give up. 


I start pumping my legs–stretching them forward then drawing them up underneath me. Leaning backwards then forwards.

It was hard coordinating my movements and get a rhythm. Then the moment came when I realized I was able to propel myself higher and higher. 


I felt the excitement and wonder of flying through the air pumping all by myself.

What a wonderful feeling to sit in the swing, soaring, my feet touching the sky!

In that moment, I felt pure happiness. I know this is how my Honey Bunny felt today.

Does this bring back any memories for you?


***************************************

Well, thanks for stopping by. 

If your interested, stop by my Etsy Shop, Little Shop of Treasures or check out my Free Printables page.

If you would like to receive my blog updates please subscribe via Email or follow me on TwitterPinterest or Blog Lovin.






Have a fantastic day!
Blogging tips