Gratitude Journal RulesI don't think there are any rules. . . I think they are more like guidelines. LOL
Never under estimate the power of your gratitude journal. It is one of the best tools to give you an attitude for gratitude. And subsequently bring you sustainable happiness. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
|My Dollar Store Gratitude Journal|
1. Write it down.
There's something about writing down a gratitude list in my journal that makes it real. I can go through my list in my mind or out loud to myself but it just isn't the same. Seeing it, and writing it helps so much.
2. Feel it.
Close your eyes and repeat it then say thank you, thank you, thank you and really feel it.
The journal has to be daily. We want it to become a part of our daily routine. You don't have to think about it or try to remember to make your gratitude list. Grabbing your journal and your pen will become second nature and eventually forgetting to write will leave you feeling off, like forgetting to brush your teeth.
4. Make it Ten.
I believe your list should be ten. I have seen journals with less items but for me, five is easy. After five, I need to think a little harder, dig a little deeper and sometimes an item that I am grateful for will just hit me. Why had I not thought of that one before?
5. Keep it Close.
I like to keep my journal with me so I can write whenever the inspiration hits. Plus jotting down items through out the day helps me stay grateful. And happy. Because that's what my journal does for me.
6. Review it.
While I have my journal open, I like to reread some of the previous items and I get to feel grateful all over again. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Do you have a rule you would like to add? I think I am forgetting something. Oh, I like laughing at myself.
This is how my journal looks today.
I Am Grateful:
I Am Grateful:
- To Nick for driving me to work and picking me up each work day without complaint. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
- For the free yummy lunch at work because it is so nice when we all get together. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
- For such a great team at work because it is the people not the job that makes work memorable. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
- To Nicole for making another delicious dinner for the family. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
- To Nicole for keeping the girls occupied while I checked my email. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
- For Faith and Sidney because they are the sunshine in my day. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
- For the beautiful weather because I didn't have to turn my furnace on. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
- A working vehicle because it comes in handy when I need to get someplace. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
- For the internet because I enjoy relaxing and reading at the end of my day. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
- For having everything I need because it is comforting. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Since I am at it, I'm going to hold my gratitude stone, contemplate yesterdays gratitude list and decide what I am most grateful for.
I am most grateful for the beautiful day because it was wonderful and weird to be able to open the windows in mid January to let the fresh air in. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Thank you for visiting. Will you remember to write in your Gratitude Journal?
Like what you see here? Consider becoming a follower or subscribe via email!